Our belief at Nivalis Health is that volunteers are a vital part of our team. Being a hospice volunteer can sound like a service that only some are qualified to be part of when actually the opposite is true. Take George for example he was a shy little puppy just looking to do his thing everyday, eat, sleep, play, repeat and now he is a Certified Canine Good Citizen and trained therapy dog. The point being in all seriousness that volunteers can contribute in a variety of ways.
George on his way to therapy dog training.
- Office support including answering phones, filing or typing.
- Licensed professionals for example beautician, cosmetologist, music or pet therapist, attorney, accountant, registered nurse.
- Bereavement support through mailings, phone calls or visits.
- Direct care delivering medications, light housekeeping, shopping, meal preparation, visiting.
- Vigiling with a person and their families providing a quiet presence and companionship.
- Veteran to veteran visits and recognition.